Cheerleading is rapidly becoming more popular as an organizational activity, which is why you can now access cheerleading gyms near you. Cheerleading encompasses shouting and extreme physical activity for sports team motivation, audience amusement, and competition based on structured routines.
Competitive performances often last one to three minutes and include tumbling, dancing, leaps, cheers, and stunts, among other things. If you are interested in the gym and fitness sector and are seeking a business opportunity, you can consider opening your own cheering facility in your neighborhood.
Opening a cheerleading gym can be costly; however, if you are in a place where individuals enjoy entertainment team sports, you can be confident that you will break even within a few years.
So, if you are considering opening your own cheerleading gym, you need to complete feasibility studies and a market study. This will allow you to appropriately place the business in a decent area with the appropriate demographic mix and then strike the ground running. Furthermore, here’s how to open your own cheerleading gym.
Cheerleading industry overview
Cheerleading combines all things athletic – jumping, tumbling, stunting – with music, performance, costuming, and dancing. These abilities are incorporated into a 2.5-minute performance that is assessed against other cheering teams depending on difficulty, accuracy, innovation, and entertainment value, among other things.
Previously, cheering was just for fun, but the sport of competitive cheerleading developed in the early 1980s, mainly in the United States, where athletes would develop their talents to make their high school or college cheer squad. As the sport gained popularity both globally and in the United States, many athletes and their families started to see competitive cheerleading as a sport that might bring them praises and medals.
Develop a mission and vision
You have to develop a road map for your organization. For instance, create a world-class cheering gym facility while encouraging individuals to participate in cheerleading and other fitness and sports activities. Another example is to ensure that your neighborhood has one of the top cheerleaders in the world.
💡Mission and vision statements guide firm strategy. Both provide a strategy purpose and aims. They describe the business’s audience and its priorities.
Create sales and marketing strategy
You must go to any length to ensure that you regularly do everything possible to attract private customers and organizational clients. Also, you should add more services to make more money and grow the organization. It would be best if you made profits by proposing the following services:
- Offering private cheerleading lessons
- Offering group cheerleading lessons
- Other training services for female athletes and entertainers
- Sports and cheerleading items and apparel
- Other operations connected to indoor gym facilities
Conduct a SWOT Analysis
If you want to make sure that things are perfect before opening your cheerleading gym, conduct an effective SWOT analysis before investing your hard-earned money in the organization. This can also ensure that you won’t have any trouble attracting loyal customers and growing your membership base.
For a good SWOT analysis, you will need to:
- Maximize your strengths (e.g., customer base, financial sheet, technology, etc.)
- Identify and address your weakness
- Capitalize on opportunities
- Be well-equipped to combat threats
Select the best individuals for specific job roles and responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for giving company direction
- Evaluates the organization’s success
- Performs staff induction for new team members
- Plan, communicates, and leads the creation and execution of the organization’s overall strategy.
- Improves management efficiency through hiring, training, coaching, counseling, orienting, and disciplining managers; conversing values, strategies, and goals; assigning accountability; monitoring, planning, and appraising job results; developing incentives; creating an environment conducive to sharing information and opinions; and providing education and opportunities.
💡 CEO is a company’s top executive. CEOs are frequently responsible for expanding the company, driving profitability, and raising share prices. CEOs run companies.
Gym Facility Manager
- Responsible for the operation and management of the cheering gym and cheerleading club.
- In charge of overseeing food and beverage services.
- Handles equipment rentals and sales.
- Guarantees that the cheerleading gym facility is always in excellent condition.
- Maintains all other cheering gym facility operations.
- Manages memberships and registration.
Instructors/Assistants in Cheerleading and Safety
- Assure that members observe all safety precautions while using the cheering gym and other exercise facilities accessible in the cheerleading gym.
- Managed and instructed food, drinks, running, and other cheering training services.
- Handles cheerleading and sports events and match registration.
- Responsible for delivering services such as private cheering courses, group cheerleading classes, other female sports, entertainment training services, cheerleading and sports products and gear, and other indoor gym facility activities.
Sales and Marketing Officer
- Identifies, prioritizes, and contacts new customers and commercial possibilities, among other things.
- Responsible for conducting market, feasibility, and business research for clients.
- Creates and pursues development prospects; follows up on development leads and relationships; and participates in project structure and finance.
- Guarantees project completion.
- Writes winning proposal materials and negotiates fees and rates following the organization’s policies.
- Responsible for overseeing implementation, advocating for customers’ requirements, and communicating with clients.
- Develops, implements, and analyzes innovative strategies for increasing sales.
- Accountable for the financial reporting, budgeting, and financial statements.
- Provides management with economic assessments, development budgets, and accounting reports.
- Manages cash, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for the organization
- In charge of creating and monitoring financial systems and policies.
- Assures compliance with taxation legislation
- Responsible for payroll administration
- Analyzed financial feasibility for the most complicated proposed projects
- Conduct market research to anticipate trends and business circumstances.
- In charge of financial forecasts and risk analysis.
Customer Service Executive
- Greets members and prospective members/clients in person or over the phone; answers or directs inquiries.
- Ensures that all client interactions (e-mail, walk-in center, SMS, or phone) give the customer the most individualized customer care experience possible.
- Manages administrative tasks delegated by management in an efficient and timely way.
- Maintains a constant awareness of new information about the organization’s goods, promotional efforts, and so on to provide accurate and helpful information to customers when they make inquiries.
- During phone interactions with customers, take advantage of every chance to pique the client’s interest in the organization’s goods and services.
- In charge of cleaning the cheering gym and its surroundings.
- Cleans up after individuals and keeps the workout area clean
- Washes glasses and utensils after each usage
- Maintains a clean working environment by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and washing glass doors and windows as needed.
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies are not depleted.
- Handles any additional responsibilities delegated by the cheerleading gym facility center manager.
Tools and equipment you need to have before opening a cheerleading gym
You can’t call your place a gym if it does not have the necessary tools and equipment for cheerleading training. But among the myriad of cheerleading tools available in the market, which ones are necessary for your gym? Here are some of the basic equipment and tools that you need:
- Stall bars/Gymnastics ladder- This is a versatile tool that cheerleaders can use for various practices, such as flexibility exercises and core fitness training.
- Harness- This can serve as a safety measure for beginners who are learning stunts, such as flips and handsprings.
- Trampolines- This is one common piece of equipment in cheerleading gyms. Cheerleaders can use this to train their spatial awareness and body control.
- Handstand Canes- Most routines may include hand-balancing, which is why handstand canes are a great addition to your equipment. This can help cheerleaders improve their strength.
- Rings- This is where cheerleaders can train leg raises, chin-ups, and other hanging stunts.
Establish a sustainable and expansion strategy
A business’s future is determined by its number of loyal customers, the capacity and competency of its staff, investment plan, and corporate structure. If an organization lacks all of these elements, it won’t be long before it goes out of business. That’s why you have to take this section into account.
How much does it cost to open a cheer gym
When opening a cheerleading gym, your chosen method and size will determine the quantity or cost. Suppose you want to go large by renting a space. In that case, you will need a substantial amount of cash to guarantee that your staff is appropriately taken care of and that your facility is suitable for workers to be creative and productive. This implies that the cost of opening a cheerleading gym might be modest or significant, depending on your objectives, vision, and ambitions.
The full cost estimate for establishing a cheerleading gym facility may vary in various nations, depending on the value of their currency.
To effectively build quality and well-equipped cheerleading gym facility, it would have an estimated $500,000 in funding. Please keep in mind that this budget includes all staff pay for the first three months of operation.
It is essential to note that the testing and evaluation costs would be considerable due to the large quantity of equipment required to open a cheering gym facility and the complexity of the technology utilized in current cheerleading training.
If you want to grow the members of your Cheerleading gym, Spark Membership offers you a great way to do it by helping you manage and run the gym better.