You did it. A huge relief washes over you. You and your team were successful in adding new members to your fitness club. Quickly a new issue arises, how do I keep them here? Client retention is just as, if not more, important as new client acquisition, and it is a common struggle for business owners to keep their clients coming back for more. To not miss out on the amazing upsell and referral opportunities – let’s check out the 7 best ways to keep them here.
Fitness marketing, and all marketing first and foremost, is deciding on the best method and platform of communication. The best marketers know where their ideal clients focus their attention, and certainly so for existing members. A common mistake is not asking clients for their best contact information before sign-up. Most people who want to be safe will give email addresses that they never check. Offer more options such as text messaging and weekly newsletters, and ask for the best place to send them.
Easy customer support
- Your front desk is the first point of contact for clients. Regardless of whether they are new or returning, your location must be streamlined from welcoming guests and offering a good consistent impression. Furthermore, clients are impressed when questions are answered and inquiries are answered promptly. Ensure your staff is trained to do so and have the proper structure in place to handle this.
Accessible trainer communication
- The best upsell and premium business model for fitness institutions continue to be personalized classes and training services. Similar to customer support, trainers and class leaders need to have a proper system in place to schedule their clients which includes flexibility, ease of access, and timely responses. Spark Membership offers a streamlined way to communicate with your clients and staff to effectively manage communication and bookings.
Attempting to cover up mistakes or closures has never been a great way to do business. It is always disappointing and frustrating to deliver less than pleasant news to clients, but they will appreciate honesty. Keep your customers and clients updated on services and schedules. More often than not, clients want to do business with an honest brand and will work with you to find a solution.
- Create a referral program
A hot topic, even Forbes had to way in. In the same way that stores and rideshares offer referral bonuses and loyalty programs, referrals remain the best method of organic marketing. A referral not only has a high trust factor, but the person referring to their friends and family will target the exact ideal client that requires your unique solution. When this is combined with a loyalty program, such as a discount for signing up for a longer-term contract, it creates a low-cost and high-impact way to flourish.
- Remarket: Upsell and win back your clientele
There will never be a better customer base than the one that has already purchased from you or your competitors. The hard part of marketing is finding your target audience and closing. In a study conducted by salesforce, Consumer psychology states that when a client has already purchased and is happy with the service, they are very likely to do so again. Find the common issue with canceled memberships – whether its price, availability of services or other and create an offer to remarket to the contact information on file.
- Leverage content creation
Although it may seem indirect, owners should keep in mind that creating content is a great way for your client to interact with you on another basis that isn’t transactional. Informational weight loss and nutrition newsletters, for example, are a great way to build trust and a loyal client base.
- Have an online presence
Further to content creation, having a strong online presence and being available on local searches creates new client opportunities, and reduces the workload on your front-end staff to answer scheduling and service inquiries.
Here are some tips to increase your online presence
- Responsive Website
- Create a Google My Business Profile
- Have a Facebook Page
- Leverage Instagram Business Page
- Create Fun content on Tiktok
- Have a seamless user experience
A fledgling business needs to set itself apart. The most common way to employ a client communication method is via personal email and form intake. Clients want to feel they are part of a professional growing business, and things like scheduling, inquiries, and contact should be done professionally. Spark Membership offers a full-service solution to streamline your marketing, retention, communication, and loyalty programs – and these will increase client confidence in you.
Read the related blog: How to Create A Successful Gym Sales Funnel: Things You Need To Know